Our Beeswax Candle Making Kit comes with 200g of Yellow Beeswax Pellets and 1metre of candle wick.
The beeswax is light yellow to yellow colour of varying intensity and has a faint smell of honey.
This kit is perfect for hand making dipped candles. As an early childhood teacher, we use these kits when a child turns 5. Together we create 5 hand dipped candles for their graduation ceremony.
How to make hand-dipped candles:
- Bring a pot of water to boil on the stove. Keep a second pot or bowl of cold water off to the side.
- Add a tin can. Any empty tin of spaghetti, baked beans or fruit will do.
- Fill your tin can just over half way with beeswax pellets. Watch them melt! Once melted you can remove from heat ready for dipping.
- Next, cut your wick to desired length.
- Wrap the end of the wick around a bolt. This is to try and keep the wick straight for dipping. Bolt is optional.
- Start dipping! Dip the wick into the wax and then place into the cold water to cool for a few moments. Place back into the wax and repeat until you get your desired candle thickness.
- Last, but not least cut off the wax covered bolt with scissors and then dip the end into the wax. Place into cold water and once cooled, but still a little warm. You can mould the bottom of the candles with your fingers to smooth off the edges.
- Optional: On your final dip (before cutting off the bolt) you can roll your candles in dried flowers for decoration OR once cooled using Stockmar Decorative Wax, cut out and handcraft little decorations to stick to the outside of the candles eg: stars, flowers, hearts, rainbows etc.
*Please note bowl and dried flowers are not included.
Or 6 weekly interest free payments from